The Deerfield Road Project consists of the reconstruction and rehabilitation of approximately 2 3/4 miles of Deerfield Road. The proposed work is within the limits of the Village of Deerfield and the City of Highland Park. Federal funds are being used to fund the majority of this $19 million dollar project. Upon completion of construction Lake County has agreed to take jurisdiction of this section of Deerfield Road. Routine maintenance and permitting authority will remain with the local municipalities. The Village of Deerfield is the lead agency for this project.
Here is some additional information:
- Project Limits: Deerfield Road; between Robert York Avenue in the Village of Deerfield to Skokie Hwy (US Route 41) in the City of Highland Park.
- Project Status: The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) opened bids for this project on November 6, 2015.
- The apparent low bidder is A Lamp Concrete Contractors Inc. out of Schaumburg Illinois with a bid amount of $18,148,372.17. The engineer's estimate is $19,601,312.05.
- Preconstruction Meeting: A preconstruction meeting is anticipated on January 7, 2016 to be held at IDOT in Schaumburg. Additional information such as the contractor’s construction schedule is anticipated at this meeting. This meeting is not open to the public. Representatives from IDOT, the Village of Deerfield, the City of Highland Park and the contractor will attend.
- Project Start Date: Installation of temporary traffic signals is estimated to start the second week of January 2016. Utility relocation work is on-going.
Project Completion: The contract specifies a completion date of November 22, 2016 with 10 additional days after the 22nd to complete clean-up and punch list items.
Website Updates: Construction updates, including road closures or detours will be available on the project website at: http://deerfieldroad.com/.